Tuesday, November 10, 2015

What I See

     Problems...everywhere I look I see problems. Some of these problems seem totally unrelated, and of course many of them are unrelated. But for the longest time I've had a feeling that I couldn't shake. A feeling that some things that seem unrelated are in fact related. A feeling that some problems have the same root cause.

     I hear people propose solutions, but they don't understand the root of the problem and thus their proposals are, at best, just a band-aid on a gaping chest wound. But I think I may have found the root.

     I'm not the only one to see the root of the problem. There just aren't enough people talking about the root of the problem.

    The problem is that men have become weak. They possess not just physical weakness, but mental weakness and weakness of character. And when half of the population is being taught through television, through the internet and through the public education system that Weakness is a virtue, then that culture is doomed.

     Well, I'm sick of it. I'm sick of  seeing ignorant and/or morally repugnant individuals tell young men that weakness is better than strength, that ignorance is better than knowledge, laziness is better than diligence and that status is more important than character.

Welcome to Masculine Ideals. I'm not arrogant enough to think that I'm the manliest man ever. I don't for a second think that I am perfect. I was never a  professional athlete. I was never the CEO of a fortune 500 company. I don't have a college degree, a prestigious career or even a high notch count.

I'm just some guy. A guy who regrets the decline of masculinity. A guy who thinks that masculinity is good, and that society suffers when there are fewer masculine men. A guy who has himself, at times, slipped into decidedly unmasculine ways of thinking and behaving. A man who is determined not to make those same mistakes again. A guy determined to be better.

So bookmark this page and come back as together we explore how to be better men, and in so doing, just maybe, add a little good back into the world.



No comments:

Post a Comment